Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you Mr. President, happy birthday to you.

Oh my, I completely forgot to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of my blog. I started this blog on the 21st of January 2010. I can't believe I have been blogging a year now. I remember here, in my very first post I would never think this blog will be alive in a month, a few months and even in a years time.

When I started blogging, I would never know what to talk about as I was in my final year of college and my life was not very exciting. I guess I started blogging for self expression reasons and to show my photography and then it turned into cosplay blog. I will admit my blog is very random with abit of that and there.. I look back over my year of blogging, reading my older posts such as my Valentine weekend, blogging about my excitement for cosplayer Francesco Dani coming to Brocon and blogging about doing one of my dream cosplays Rei Ayanami in the plugsuit and hard to believe it was all a year ago.

Despite struggling in my final year of college, I must admit it was great year with many big events happening, such as seeing Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 in the picture house which was amazing and just as good going to a concert. Cosplaying at the Japan Day in Phoenix Park which was an enjoyablee expereince and the BIC Awards. Then blogging about the new anime, gamer con Brocon.

Then I started the Reminiscing Last Summer series which never finished as you know with blogging it never turns out the way you want it. It is so strange coming across this old post about my old Rei cosplay, seeing how I improved and saying that I am going to try the lenses. I really thought that day would never come. Then the drama and excitement surrounding Danny Choo's Otacool 2 Cosplayers Worldwide book, the book that really motivated me to get more into cosplay.

It's not all peaches and cream

Review of Otacool 2.

Going back in time in my blog I feel I have come a long way and found out who I really I'm and what I really want to do with myself. I became more motivated, more confident and learned that happiness is more important then being content. I learned to pursue my passion. I can only keep going further and will hopefully give this blog a facelift and turn it in my website. I look back at my posts expressing my inspirations and ideas for cosplays and modelling and now I am doing it.

I just would like to thank people for stopping by and commenting or giving feedback and thanks for the support. Things can only get better, I hope. ;p

1 comment: